Our Govt. seems very promising in push of digitalization in nation. It’s most advanced document for citizens is now ready to be linked to their mobile numbers through IVR as of 3rd Jan, 2018. As per prime hints by UIDAI, you can also do the same as per your convenience through mAadhaar app, Telecom’s website or/and app etc. pretty soon. But for now Govt. has pushed it’s own first mode of digitized reverification.
Process to Link:
IVR(Interactive Voice Response) has been active since 2nd Jan, 2018 for users of all telecom operators. However, it’s up to the capability of the operators on total implementation. What you need is your Aadhaar number handy. The number is 14546 (toll free) and is applicable for *all operators. Now, lets know the steps to link our number.
Things to Note:
*As per our test, Jio too has now implement this system. However, *99# NPCI USSD doesn’t respond in the network.
- Call 14546(toll free) from the number you wish to link. On being asked whether you are an Indian or NRI, please select the appropriate option.
- You will be requested to press 1 to proceed to enter your Aadhaar Number.
- After entering your 16 digit number correctly confirm it by pressing 1.
- You will be asked for the consent of syncing your name, DOB, your photo from UIDAI’s database. Press 1 to agree. You will receive an OTP through SMS on your Aadhaar registered mobile number now.
- The last four digits of your mobile number to be linked will be cited.
- Enter the OTP that you received and press 1 to complete the process.
- If you have more numbers to link you can do so by pressing 2. You will need to follow the same procedure again. However, this time you additionally need to manually enter the another mobile number.
Remember the OTP that you receive is transparently valid for 30 minutes. You need not to worry about call outage. A reconnect will continue the process.
Apart from this hectic time consuming process, we can expect the digital support of operators soon in few days. 🙂